Registration of heavy plant contractors
The NSW RFS is seeking suitable and experienced plant contractors to register their interest in being engaged for Fire Work and/or being invited to quote on Non-Fire Work.
Types of heavy plant that are of interest to the NSW RFS are:
- Bulk refuelling tankers / Bulk Retardant tankers
- Bulk Water Carriers (water carts)
- Excavators - mulching booms/grabs
- Forestry harvesters/Skidders/Skidgines
- Loaders/backhoes/compact loaders
- Low loaders (floats)
- Stump grinders
- Tractors - mulching/plough/slasher/reach mower
- Tree trimmers
- Vibratory drum and pad rollers
- Wood chippers
The process for registering interest in this programme is to:
- Read and understand the Conditions of Agreement, including the Extension Notice and Price Indexation Variation.
- Proceed to ARENA HP to create an account and enter your proposal details. A quick start guide for using ARENA HP is annexed to the Conditions of Invitation to Submit Proposal.
Once registered on ARENA HP, further information and guidance about the use of ARENA HP can be located on the ARENA HP Bookshelf. Please refer to the Bookshelf for tips on the initial establishing of Plant pricing, on the annual indexation of prices and on the new fuel variation solution to address diesel fuel price volatility. Details of where to access mandatory Bush Fire Awareness minimum training for plant operators can also be located on the ARENA HP Bookshelf.
The daily diesel fuel terminal gateway price referenced by ARENA HP can be viewed here. The baseline price against which daily variation is assessed is the Sydney Diesel price as it was on 1 March 2021, of 120 cents per litre.
For further information or enquiries about this programme, contact the Heavy Plant team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or your local NSW RFS District Office.