The NSW RFS Library holds a unique collection of resources with a focus on fire management and fire-related subjects plus a wide range of other materials on environmental management, community education, volunteer management, organisational management and health and safety.
The Library is the organisation's central repository for published information and reference resources, and provides services and facilities to support the specialised research and information needs of staff and the training needs of volunteers. We offer an educational and research resource for members of the general public to extend their knowledge of fire prevention and fire safety issues.
Membership of the library is free.
How can the library help you?
- Research assistance: You can ask the librarian for assistance in tracking down information on a specific topic or work related project.
- Current awareness: Email alerts for new books, latest journal issues and subject awareness tailored to your request.
- Loans: Resources may be borrowed by all members of the NSW RFS.
- Interlibrary loans: Items not held in the NSW RFS library can be obtained from other libraries.
- Literature searches: Database and Internet searches are available upon request.
- Literacy classes: Individual or group literacy training available to improve your searching skills
- Books, journals and DVDs may be borrowed for one month (plus time for postage for off-site items)
- Items can be requested by phone, email or in person.
- Borrowed items must be returned by the due date. Extensions of time can be requested.
Study desks, reading area, computers and a photocopier are available for library users.
09:00am to 04:00pm. Monday – Friday. Closed weekends and public holidays.
Phone: 02 8741 5455
Senior Librarian: Katie Vandine
Location: NSW Rural Fire Service, 15 Carter Street, Lidcombe NSW 2141
Postal address: Library, NSW Rural Fire Service, Locked Mailbag 17, Granville NSW 2142