Climate outlook overview January to March 2015
Published Date: 22 Dec 2014
The Bureau of Meteorology has released its climate forecast for the period January to March 2015.
- A drier than normal January to March is more likely over parts of western and northeastern Australia.
- A drier than normal January is more likely over northern and southwestern parts of WA, and the southern NT. The chances of a wetter or drier January are roughly equal over the remainder of the country.
- The temperature outlooks indicate a warmer than normal start to 2015, with the January to March outlooks for both daytime and night-time temperatures above normal across most of most of Australia.
- Climate influences include near-El Niño conditions in the tropical Pacific, a warm Indian Ocean basin and warmer than normal waters to the southeast of Australia.
- View the full outlook here.