NSW RFS and Brigades Donations Fund
How your donations are being used
Improved equipment and resources for volunteers
$70m has been allocated to priority projects like upgrades of equipment, personal protective equipment, fire trucks and improving the way we respond to incidents.
Grants for volunteer brigades to enhance equipment and resources
A brigades grants scheme has been established to allow brigades to purchase additional equipment, or make improvements to their local stations.
Local programs and initiatives in communities across NSW
Up to $18m of funding has been allocated to support local programs or initiatives, such as training facilities, in every NSW RFS district across the state.
Many brigades have received new equipment to help with their role in the community
Donations have helped provide improved facilities, over and above what is normally provided
In many cases, our brigades are using local businesses to carry out work - to ensure as many people as possible benefit from donated funds
About The NSW RFS and Brigades Donations Trust
The NSW RFS and Brigade Donations Fund was established in 2012 to support volunteer brigades with the management of publicly donated funds.
The Fund is managed by a Trust, which distributes funds for a range of activities, including:
- To or for the brigades in order to enable them or assist them to meet the costs of purchasing and maintaining firefighting equipment and facilities, providing training and resources and/ or to otherwise meet the administrative expenses of the brigades which are associated with their volunteer-based fire and emergency service activities
- For authorised investments which are consistent with carrying out the purpose described in the bullet point above
- To meet the reasonable costs of the current and continuing operation and management of the Trust.
Through the extraordinary support of the community, our brigades and volunteers have seen many benefits. These are some of the highlights:
- $70 million to support priorities for NSW RFS volunteers - The Trust has allocated $70 million to important initiatives like upgrades of equipment, personal protective equipment, fire trucks and improving the way we respond to incidents in the community. Many of these programs would not be delivered without the support of public donations.
- $20 million in grants to volunteer brigades – The NSW RFS and Brigades Donations Fund has established a grants scheme for brigades, allowing them to purchase additional equipment or make improvements to their stations.
- Providing up to $18 million of funding to NSW RFS Area Commands for projects which support volunteer brigades in their area, such as training facilities.
- Volunteer support – We’re working to establish an ongoing benevolent fund which can support the families of firefighters who lose their life while protecting others.
For local brigades, this support has delivered equipment and improvements to facilities, over and above what is provided through normal funding.
Over recent years, brigades have also received important equipment such as thermal imaging cameras and training facilities.
How To Donate
|Make a donation by credit card|
|Deposit funds directly|
Use these bank account details:
|Post a cheque or money order|
Contact The Trust
NSW Rural Fire Service and Brigades Donations Fund|
4 Murray Rose Avenue
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
|Telephone||(02) 8741 5519|