Draft Blue Mountains Bush Fire Risk Management Plan
Published Date: 19 Jul 2014
The Blue Mountains Bush Fire Management Committee (BMBFMC) is currently seeking comments on its Draft Bush Fire Risk Management Plan (BFRMP) which has recently been prepared.
The Draft BFRMP covers the whole of the Blue Mountains area. It includes information about the local area and specifies works to be done to manage bush fire risk in the area.
The Draft BFRMP applies to all land in the Blue Mountains area including private land.
The Draft BFRMP will be on exhibition for a period of 3 months from 30th June 2014 to 30th September 2014.
The Draft BFRMP is on display at the following locations:
- NPWS Heritage Centre, end of Govetts Leap Road Blackheath
- NSW Rural Fire Service District Office, Cnr Valley Road and Bathurst Road Katoomba
- Blue Mountains City Council, 2 Civic Place Katoomba
- Lawson Library, Cnr San Jose Ave and Loftus St Lawson
- Springwood Central Library, 104 Macquarie Road Springwood
- Blaxland Library, 33 Hope Street Blaxland
Copies of the Draft BFRMP may be obtained by contacting (02) 4784 7444 during office hours. Copies may also be obtained in person from the NSW Rural Fire Service District Office, Cnr Valley Road & Bathurst Road Katoomba during business hours.
Written submissions on the draft BFRMP can be sent to the BMBFMC Executive Officer by email to email@example.com or by post to NSW Rural Fire Service Blue Mountains District PO Box 600 Katoomba 2780. The closing date for submissions is 30th September 2014.
For further enquiries, contact the NSW Rural Fire Service District Office on (02) 4784 7444.