Seasonal outlook September to November 2014
Published Date: 28 Aug 2014
The Bureau of Meteorology has released its seasonal forecast for September to November of 2014.
The main points in the latest forecast are:
- A drier than normal September to November is more likely for parts of the southeast mainland. Elsewhere, the chances of a wetter or drier than normal September to November are roughly equal.
- The September outlook suggests drier conditions are more likely for many parts of southern Australia in early spring.
- Southern Australia and parts of the northern tropics are more likely to see warmer than usual days.
- Warmer than average nights are more likely for the southern half of Australia and the northern Cape York Peninsula in Queensland.
- Climate influences include a weakening negative Indian Ocean Dipole, and near-average to warm temperatures in the tropical Pacific Ocean.