Major Fire Updates
Advice - Tingha Plateau (Inverell LGA) 2019-02-18 12:56Advice - Tingha Plateau (Inverell LGA)
A bush fire is burning in the Tingha, Gilgai, Old Mill and Stanborough area. The fire has burnt more than 23,300ha and is being controlled.
Overnight fire activity was quiet. There remains some activity around the Howell Rd area on the south western side of the fire ground near Copeton Dam as well as on the north western side of the fireground, west of Old Bundarra road in the conservation area.
Backburning may continue today in various locations across the fireground. People in the area will notice an increase of smoke and fire activity as this occurs.
Currently there is no threat to properties however residents are advised to remain vigilant and know what they will do if the situation changes.
Weather over the next few days remains dry and hot with light winds predominantly from the south. On Wednesday the winds more tend more westerly however remain relatively light.
Residents should continue to monitor the situation and take advice from firefighters on the ground.
Guyra Road between Tingha and Gilgai remains closed due to dangerous trees in the area. Council are working to remove problem trees and make safe with the intention of opening the road as soon as possible.
All other roads in the area now open.
A Recovery point will be open from 2pm today 18/02/2019 at Tingha Sport & Recreation Centre, New Valley Road, Tingha. Disaster Welfare Services, Local Land Services, Council and Rural Mental Health Services will be available at this location to provide assistance and information. This point will also be open between 9am and 4pm Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th February,
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
- If you notice an unattended fire, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
- Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- If you live in the area but are away from home, it may not be safe to return to your property.
- For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.com. Roads may be closed without warning.