Cease harvest requests - 14 November 2014
Published Date: 14 Nov 2014
Due to an increased risk of fire today (Friday 14 November), the NSW RFS is strongly urging farmers in a number of areas to cease harvesting.
Following consultation with local landholders and NSW RFS group officers, farmers in these areas are urged to cease harvesting due to the increased risk of fire.
- Forbes, Lachlan, Parkes and Weddin Shires
- Carrathool, Griffith, Hay, Leeton, Murrumbidgee & Narrandera areas
- Dubbo, Narromine, Wellington
- Coolamon, Junee, Lockhart, Urana, Wagga Wagga
- Boorowa, Cootamundra, Harden, Young (until 6pm)
We're monitoring conditions and will update here if any more areas are added. We ask for farmers to exercise extreme caution, especially during the hottest and driest part of the day in the next few hours.
We thank farmers in these areas for their patience and understanding.