Dangerous fire conditions across NSW
Published Date: 11 Feb 2017
NSW has experienced its most dangerous day of bush fire conditions ever.
Catastrophic fire danger conditions have been recorded on Sunday 12 February 2017 in a number of locations across the Hunter, Central Ranges and Upper Central West Plains.
There has been a number of properties destroyed by fire. The number of properties destroyed will not be known until assessment teams can inspect fire affected areas.
There is also likely to be significant losses of stock. Landholders should visit the Department of Primary Industries website for information about recovery options.
For current incident activity visit our Fires Near Me page.
- Check fire danger ratings on our Fire Danger Rating page.
- Monitor bush fire activity on our Fires Near Me page.
- Check weather conditions on the Bureau of Meteorology website.
- Check traffic information at www.livetraffic.com
- Check for National Park closures on the National Parks and Wildlife Service website.
- Check for State Forest closures on the Forestry Corporation Website