The NSW RFS recognise and value the role our members play in communities every day.
One way we recognise the contribution of our members is through official awards in recognition of distinguished service, valour and acts of bravery.
Internal Awards include:
- Commissioner's Award for Valour
- Commissioner's Commendation for Bravery
- Commissioner's Commendation for Service
- Commissioner's Unit Citation for Bravery
- Commissioner's Unit Citation for Service
- Commissioner's Certificate of Commendation
- NSW Rural Fire Service Long Service Medal
All members of the NSW RFS are eligible to be nominated for the above Awards.
External Awards include:
- The Australian Fire Service Medal (AFSM)
- The National Medal
You can read more about the NSW RFS awards in our Awards booklet.