NSW RFS and Brigades Donations Fund Refund Policy
The NSW RFS & Brigades Donations Fund appreciates the support provided through donations which support our members and the services they deliver across the community
We understand that from time to time, donations may be made where there has been a genuine error, and a refund may be requested.
- Where a donation has been made directly to the Fund, we will consider refunds in the following cases:
- Where the donation was provided by a vulnerable person
- Where the donor has entered the wrong amount
- Where there are exceptional circumstances
We cannot provide refunds if you change your mind, so we ask all donors to carefully consider their donation, and how donated funds will be used by the Fund.
If you would like to request a refund:
- Contact us within 7 days of making the donation by
- Email: DGR@rfs.nsw.gov.au; or
- Writing to: NSW RFS & Brigades Donations Fund, Locked Bag 17, Granville NSW 2142
Please provide your full details, the details of the transaction including date, amount, donor’s name, and the reasons for your refund request. The decision to provide a refund is at the discretion of the Trust, in accordance with this Policy.
If a donation is refunded, the associated tax receipt is no longer valid and must be destroyed. Please note it is your responsibility to submit only correct receipts to the Australian Taxation Office.
Please note, any donations made through external providers (such as Facebook or the PayPal Giving Fund) are subject to the policies, terms and conditions of those services. Refer to the website of the donation facility for their refund policy.