Major Fire Updates
Advice - Middle Creek Rd (Clarence Valley LGA) 2019-08-18 08:38Advice - Middle Creek Rd (Clarence Valley LGA)
A bush fire is burning in the Kangaroo Creek, Hayards Crossing and Kungala area. The fire is currently 5,719 hectares in size and is being controlled.
The fire is burning in the vicinity of Orara Way and north of Curlew Drive and has crossed Parker Road, south of The Desert.
Firefighters will today continue to patrol and monitor the fireground for any flareups. Backburning may be undertaken if required.
Crews will continue strengthening containment lines in an effort to contain the fire.
Residents should monitor their properties for spot fires and burning embers Follow your Bush Fire Survival Plan. If you do not have a Bush Fire Survival Plan, ensure you know what you will do if the fire threatens your property.
Only well prepared and actively defended homes can offer safety.
If you plan to leave, or you are not prepared and there is a safer place nearby, leave now if it is safe to do so. If you are in doubt or it is not safe to leave, take shelter in a solid structure when the fire front arrives.
- Smoke is affecting the Pacific Highway near Parker Road. There may be intermittent traffic diversions of Orara Way while crews undertake work.
- Motorists should monitor the Live Traffic website.
- Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- If you live in the area but are away from home, it may not be safe to return to your property.
- For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au. Roads may be closed without warning.