Major Fire Updates
Advice - Bees Nest fire (Armidale LGA) 2019-09-18 16:38Advice - Bees Nest fire (Armidale LGA)
A bush fire is burning north of Ebor and to the north west of Dorrigo. The fire is currently more than 94,900 hectares and is being controlled.
The fire continues to burn on multiple fronts within the Guy Fawkes National Park, the Mount Hyland Nature Reserve and Nymboi Binderay National Park.
Firefighters will continue to conduct backburns as conditions allow. People will notice an increase of smoke and fire activity as these burns are undertaken.
Storm cells moved across the fireground yesterday afternoon. Lightning strikes were detected across the area and a number of new fires have been reported. Make sure you report any unattended fires to Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Although there was some rainfall across the fireground it has not been enough to extinguish the fire.
If you are in the areas of Billys Creek, Tyringham, Marengo, Moonpar, Dundarrabin or Bostobrick, put your bush fire survival plan into action. Know what you will do if the fire threatens.
Smoke may be affecting the areas of Dorrigo and Coffs Harbour.
Residents in the area should continue to monitor to situation.
Fire and fallen trees may continue to impact a number of local roads. Follow the directions of firefighters.
Landholders should not use fire or conduct their own backburns. This puts you and firefighters in danger.
If you live in the area but are away from your home, it may not be safe to return to your property.
- A Disaster Welfare Assistance Point is open at Dorrigo Showground - 4180 Waterfall Way, Dorrigo between 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
- A Disaster Welfare Assistance Point is open at Tyringham Station - Armidale Road, Tyringham between 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
- A Community Information Hub is open at Ebor Showground - Waterfall Way, Ebor between 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
- Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au. Roads may be closed without warning.