Major Fire Updates
Advice - Gulf Road (Tenterfield LGA) 2019-11-19 07:34Advice - Gulf Road (Tenterfield LGA)
Posted: 2019-11-19 07:34
A bush fire is burning in the Emmaville and Stannum areas. The fire is more than 74,448 hectares in size and is being controlled.
- The fire continues to burn on multiple fronts.
- There is fire activity near properties along Emmaville Road, Gulf Road, Pyes Creek Road, Red Hill Road and Tent Hills Road.
- Firefighters will continue to conduct backburning to strnegthen containment lines.
- If you are in the area of Emmaville, Pyes Creek, Bolivia and Tent Hill, monitor conditions.
- Watch out for smoke and embers.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero.
- For a list of evacuation centres visit https://www.emergency.nsw.gov.au/Pages/for-the-community/disaster-assistance/disaster-assistance.aspx.
- People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite https://register.redcross.org.au/ before attending evacuation centres.
- For a list of school closures visit https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/school-safety.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au. Roads may be closed without warning.