Major Fire Updates
Advice - Myall Creek Road fire (Richmond Valley and Clarence Valley LGA) 2019-12-08 19:05Advice - Myall Creek Road fire (Richmond Valley and Clarence Valley LGA)
A bush fire is burning in the Mount Marsh, Ellangowan, New Italy, Woombah, Ashby Heights, Tullymorgan areas. The fire is more than 118,500 hectares in size and is being controlled.
- The northern edge of fire has crossed Myall Creek Road and is spreading along the Coraki-Ellangowan Road.
- Back burning is being conducted along the Coraki-Ellangowan Road.
- The fire is spotting around the Fenceline Trail area.
- Crews are continuing to monitor and check the perimeter of the fire, identifying and extinguishing any fair ups or outbreaks that occur..
- If you are in the area of Coraki-Ellangowan Road, Ellangowan Road, Fenceline Trail and Emu Park in the Ellangowan area, monitor local conditions and know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- If you are in the area of Myall Creek Road, Bungawalbin-Whiporie Road, Bloodwoods Road, Benauds Road and Kippenduff monitor conditions.
- Myall Creek Road and the Coraki - Ellangowan Road in the vicinity of Tuckerbox Road are closed.
- Other local roads may close without notice.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 09/12/2019 11:00 or if the situation changes.