Major Fire Updates
Advice - Carrai East (Kempsey LGA) 2019-12-08 20:01Advice - Carrai East (Kempsey LGA)
A bush fire is burning in Carrai East, north west of Kempsey. The fire is more than 139,000 hectares in size and is being controlled.
- The fire continues to burn in the areas of Dungay, Hickeys Creek, Taylors Arm and Thumb Creek.
- The fire is also burning in the areas of Five Day Creek and Nulla Nulla.
- Firefighters will continue work to control the fire and undertake backburning operations to strengthen containment lines, where conditions allow.
- If you are in the area of Bellbrook, Five Day Creek Nulla Nulla and Hickeys Creek, monitor the changing conditions. Know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- If you are in the area of Upper Taylors Arm, Burrapine and Thumb Creek, monitor conditions. Know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- If you are in an area that has already been affected by fire such as Dungay, there may be small areas of active fire burning for some time. Be aware of the dangers of trees, branches and rocks falling.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Willawarrin Hall - 22 Armidale Road, Willawarrin.
- For a list of evacuation centres visit Disaster Assistance.
- People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite before attending evacuation centres.
- For a list of school closures visit Department of Education.
- People with respiratory conditions who are affected by bush fire smoke should activate their health management plan and seek medical advice if necessary. Take precautions, such as staying indoors and closing windows.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 09/12/2019 11:00 or if the situation changes.