Major Fire Updates
Advice - Carrai Creek (Armidale LGA) 2019-12-08 19:58Advice - Carrai Creek (Armidale LGA)
The Carrai Creek bush fire is burning across a large area including the Oxley Wild Rivers area and Yarrowitch. The fire is more than 230,000 hectares in size and is being controlled.
- The fire is continuing to burn in the areas of Enmore, Upper Yarrowitch and Winterbourne Gorge.
- Firefighters supported by aircraft and heavy plant are continuing to establish and consolidate containment lines. Residents may notice an increase in smoke and fire activity as firefighters undertake back burning.
- Strong easterly winds are likely to generate significant smoke haze over Armidale Regional, Uralla and Walcha Local Government Areas.
- If you are in the area of Enmore, Upper Yarrowitch, Yarrowitch, Tia and areas north of the Oxley Highway between Gingers Creek and Walcha, continue to monitor conditions.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- People with respiratory conditions who are affected by bush fire smoke should activate their health management plan and seek medical advice if necessary. Take precautions, such as staying indoors and closing windows.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 09/12/2019 11:00 or if the situation changes.