Major Fire Updates
Advice - Washpool State Forest, Coombadjha (Clarence Valley LGA) 2019-12-08 19:31Advice - Washpool State Forest, Coombadjha (Clarence Valley LGA)
A bush fire is burning in the Washpool and Billilimbra State Forests. The fire is more than 100,000 hectares in size and is being controlled.
- The fire is burning east of Rocky River Road and west of Upper Rocky River Road, in the Rocky River area.
- The fire continues to burn north of the Gwydir Highway in the Coombadjha, Mookima and Fine Flower Creek areas.
- Crews continue to conduct backburning where conditions allow.
- This fire has now merged with the Hortons Creek fire in Tenterfield.
- The Gwydir Highway is closed between Bald Knob and Jackadgery due to fire fighting activity, falling trees and rock slips. This closure is will remain in place until further notice.
- If you are in the area of Coombadjha, Rocky River, Mookima, Fine Flower Creek and Upper Fine Flower Creek, monitor conditions.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 09/12/2019 11:00 or if the situation changes.