Major Fire Updates
Advice - Crumps Complex (Cessnock LGA) 2019-12-08 19:49Advice - Crumps Complex (Cessnock LGA)
The fire is burning in the Corrabare State Forest, east of Wollombi. The fire is more than 4,000 hectares and is being controlled.
- The fire is burning in the area of Corrabare, east of Wollombi and west of Congewai.
- The fire continues to burn on multiple fronts.
- There is active fire in the area of Middle Ridge Road.
- Firefighters are working to slow the spread of the fire and establish containment lines.
- Firefighters may conduct backburning operations where conditions allow.
- A separate fire, the Little L Complex, is burning west of Wollombi.
- If you are in the area of Narone Creek, Congewai and Sweetmans Creek, monitor the conditions. Know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- Wollombi Road at Cedar Creek is open for local residents only.
- The Great North Road is closed between Wollombi and Bucketty.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Cessnock Leagues Club - 1 Darwin Street, Cessnock.
- For a list of evacuation centres visit Disaster Assistance.
- People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite before attending evacuation centres.
- For a list of school closures visit Department of Education.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 09/12/2019 11:00 or if the situation changes.