Major Fire Updates
Advice - Ruined Castle fire (Blue Mountains LGA) 2019-12-08 20:00Advice - Ruined Castle fire (Blue Mountains LGA)
A bush fire is burning to the south of the Katoomba and Leura area. The fire has burnt close to 1,800 hectares is being controlled.
- The bush fire is burning south of Katoomba in the Pitts Amphitheatre.
- Fire activity has eased, with firefighters monitoring the fireground.
- The fire is burning slowly in a northerly direction towards Cliff Drive due to the terrain.
- Cliff Drive is closed between Acacia Street and Peckmans Road. Follow the direction of emergency services personnel in the area.
- The fire also continues to spread slowly in an easterly direction through the valley. Firefighters and aircraft are working to slow the spread of the fire.
- If you are in the area of Cliff Drive at Katoomba, monitor conditions. Follow the direction of firefighters working in the area.
- Check and follow your bush fire survival plan. If you do not have a plan, decide what you will do if the situation changes. Leaving early is your safest option.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
- For updates from Scenic World, visit www.scenicworld.com.au.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 09/12/2019 11:00 or if the situation changes.