Major Fire Updates
Advice - Meads Creek West fire (Upper Hunter) 2019-12-08 19:50Advice - Meads Creek West fire (Upper Hunter)
A bush fire is burning in the Goulburn River National Park, south-west of Merriwa. The fire has burnt more than 10,300 hectares and is being controlled.
- The fire is burning to the south-west of Merriwa in the area of the Goulburn River National Park.
- Fire activity has eased and there is a reduced threat.
- The fire is burning towards the area of Tunbridge.
- If you are in the areas of Tunbridge, monitor conditions. Know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- If you are areas along the Merriwa River, including Cullingral Road, monitor conditions. Take advice from firefighters in the area. Follow your bush fire survival plan.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- For a list of evacuation centres visit Disaster Assistance.
- People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite before attending evacuation centres.
- For a list of school closures visit Department of Education.
- People with respiratory conditions who are affected by bush fire smoke should activate their health management plan and seek medical advice if necessary. Take precautions, such as staying indoors and closing windows.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 09/12/2019 11:00 or if the situation changes.