Major Fire Updates
Advice - Kaloe Mountain Trail (Clarence Valley LGA) 2019-12-08 20:02Advice - Kaloe Mountain Trail (Clarence Valley LGA)
A bush fire is burning in the 50km west of Grafton area. The fire is more than 117,000 hectares in size and is being controlled.
- The fire is burning over a large area.
- Fire activity has eased into the overnight in the area of Jackadgery.
- The fire has crossed the Gwydir Highway, in the area of Purgatory Creek Road.
- The Gwydir Highway is closed between Bald Knob and Jackadgery due to fire fighting activity, falling trees and rock slips. This closure will remain in place until further notice.
- If you are area of Jackadgery Gap, monitor the conditions and know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- If you are in the area of Cangai, Jackadgery and along Gorge Road East of the Grange State Forest, continue to monitor the fire over the next few days.
- Check and follow your Bush Fire Survival Plan. If you do not have a plan, decide what you will do if the situation changes. Leaving early is your safest option.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 09/12/2019 11:00 or if the situation changes.