Major Fire Updates
Watch and Act - Paddock Run fire, Howes Valley area (Singleton LGA) 2019-12-09 04:42Watch and Act - Paddock Run fire, Howes Valley area (Singleton LGA)
Posted: 2019-12-09 04:42
A bush fire is burning west of Garland Valley and Howes Valley areas. The fire is more than 17,100 hectares in size and is out of control.
- The fire is burning in a large area around Putty, Garland Valley and Howes Valley.
- There is reduced fire activity on the fireground. Crews are conducting tactical backburning when conditions allow.
- The fire is burning in the area of Putty Valley Rd, Garland Valley, Howes Valley and Reedy Creek.
- The Kerry Ridge fire has now reached the Putty State Forest to the north of Putty.
- If you are in the area of Garland Valley, Howes Valley and Reedy Creek, monitor conditions. Be ready to take action in case conditions change.
- If you are in the area of Putty, monitor conditions. Be ready to take action in case conditions change.
- If you are in the areas of Noisy Point, Boggy Swamp, Wicketty Wees and Clear Farm, monitor the situation. Know what to do if the fire threatens.
- Putty Road is closed between Milbrodale and Colo Heights.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Cessnock Leagues Club - 1 Darwin Street, Cessnock.
- For a list of evacuation centres visit Disaster Assistance.
- People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite before attending evacuation centres.
- For a list of school closures visit Department of Education.
- If you live in the area but are away from home, it may not be safe to return to your property.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.