Major Fire Updates
Advice - Three Mile (Hawkesbury and Central Coast LGA) 2019-12-08 19:53Advice - Three Mile (Hawkesbury and Central Coast LGA)
A bush fire is burning in the Yengo and Dharug National Parks and Mcpherson State Forest. The fire is more than 26,000 hectares in size and is being controlled.
- The fire has merged with the Wrights Creek fire.
- The fire is burning between Lower Macdonald, Mangrove Mountain, and Kulnura. Crews are working to protect properties near the fire.
- Firefighters are continuing to backburn around the communities of Central Macdonald, Gunderman, Spencer, Lower Mangrove, Mangrove Mountain and Kulnura. There will be an increase in fire activity and smoke during these operations.
- Firefighters are preparing containment lines around properties along Wollombi Road between St Albans and Mogo Creek.
- Crews continue to monitor and patrol the fire around Settlers Road, Lower Macdonald, and Oyster Shell Road, Mangrove Creek.
If you are in the areas of Lower Macdonald, Central Macdonald, Lower Mangrove, Greengrove, Mangrove Creek, Mangrove Mountain Central Mangrove or Kulnura, monitor conditions. Monitor conditions. If you are not prepared, leaving early is your safest option.
- If your plan is to leave early and you are in the Mangrove Mountain area, use Wisemans Ferry Road and Peats Ridge Road to head towards Gosford.
- If your plan is to leave early and you are in the Kulnura area, use Greta Road, Bumble Hill Road and Yarramalong Road to head towards Wyong.
- If you are in the areas of Gunderman and Spencer, monitor conditions. You will see an increase in fire activity due to backburning operations over the coming days. Activate your bush fire survival plan. If you are not prepared, leaving early is your safest option.
- If you are in surrounding areas, including the areas of Peats Ridge, Calga, Mount White and Glenworth Valley, Bucketty, St Albans, Mogo Creek and Higher Macdonald monitor conditions. Activate your bush fire survival plan. If you are not prepared, leaving early is your safest option.
- If you require relocation or other assistance from the area along the Hawkesbury River from Wisemans Ferry to Brooklyn, contact the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500.
- Wisemans Ferry Road is closed between Wisemans Ferry and Mangrove Mountain.
- Settlers Road is closed between Wisemans Ferry and St Albans.
- George Downes Drive is closed north of Bucketty.
- Waratah Road is closed at Wisemans Ferry Road
- Oyster Shell Road is closed at Wisemans Ferry Road.
- Kyola Road is closed at George Downes Drive.
- Williams Road is closed at George Downes Drive.
- Check www.livetraffic.com for road information.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- For a list of school closures visit Department of Education.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 09/12/2019 11:00 or if the situation changes.