Access to information
On 1 July 2010 the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (the GIPA Act) replaced the Freedom of Information Act 1989.
The GIPA Act:
- creates new rights to information that are designed to meet community expectations of more open and transparent government
- encourages government agencies to proactively release government information.
You can find out more about the kinds of information that we hold, as well as the ways through which you can access information from the NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) by navigating this website. In particular, you may wish to access links to the following:
- Our Agency Information Guide
- Our disclosure log of formal information access applications
- Policies and service standards
- Documents tabled in Parliament
- Our tenders and contracts page, which sets out NSW RFS's guidelines for tenders/contracts, and links to a register of the contracts entered into by the NSW RFS as well as other NSW Government agencies.
If you wish to access information that is not available on this website, please contact the GIPA Officer on 02 8741 5133. The GIPA Officer will be able to provide you with advice about the information you seek. In particular, the GIPA Officer will advise you whether:
- the information is 'open access' information that is readily available to the public
- the information will be released to you proactively
- the information may be informally released to you
- a formal access application is required.
Further information about the GIPA Act and ways to access NSW government information is also available on the website of the Information and Privacy Commission (IPC).