Climate overview March to May 2015
Published Date: 28 Feb 2015
The Bureau of Meteorology has released its climate forecast for March to May 2015.
Climate outlook overview
- March to May is likely to be wetter than normal over central parts of WA and central Australia. Elsewhere, the chances of a wetter or drier season are roughly equal.
- For March, the Top End of the NT and areas near the Queensland-NSW border have an increased chance of above average rainfall.
- For March to May, warmer than normal days are likely over western and southern WA, much of northern Australia, and southeast Australia.
- Night-time temperatures for the season are likely to be warmer than normal over most of Australia, except parts of the Top End of the NT, and southeast Queensland.
- Climate influences include warmer than normal sea surface temperatures in the western tropical Pacific Ocean and to the south and west of Australia.