Property losses from NSW bush fires
Published Date: 10 Sep 2019
Nine homes are now confirmed destroyed after last week’s bush fires across parts of NSW.
NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) Building Impact Assessment teams are continuing their assessment of fire impacted areas.
The initial assessment of property impact is:
Long Gully Road fire, Drake (25% of area assessed)
- 8 homes destroyed, 1 damaged
- 16 outbuildings destroyed, 13 damaged
- 36 homes in the immediate area of the fire were saved
Mount McKenzie Road fire, Tenterfield (assessment of area complete)
- 1 home destroyed, 4 damaged
- 3 facilities destroyed (two car yards and a pistol club)
- 15 outbuildings destroyed, 10 damaged
- 95 homes in the immediate area of the fire were saved
View Street, Lidsdale (assessment of area complete)
- 1 home damaged
- 3 outbuildings destroyed
At this stage, more than 220 homes in the immediate area of the fires have been saved. BIA teams are continuing their assessments today.